RE-liON, situated on the former airbase Twente, is world-wide market leader in development and production of VR and AR training systems for first responders (Defense, Police and Firefighters). For the second school semester (February-July 2023), we are looking for an Intern in Computer Science (CS).
Streaming live feeds into VR head mounted displays (HMD) is the easiest way to achieve wireless VR. This internship aims to optimize the latency and bandwidth of the Wi-Fi for VR streaming applications.
This internship combines VR, open-source router technology (OpenWRT), and Linux Wi-Fi
- Try different router hardware supported by OpenWRT. If required, create your own router using PC hardware;
- Going deep into router firmware and Wi-Fi M2 extension cards and their properties;
- Improving analytics/user awareness about Wi-Fi performance: reading and interpreting the state of the Wi-Fi firmware. For example: what is the current guard band size, what devices are having trouble and why;
- Scaling up: how many VR devices can we stream in the same space and what would we need to do to optimize this?
- You have knowledge and/or experience with;
- Wi-Fi technology;
- Linux/OpenWRT (esp. Wi-Fi) drivers;
- You have gaming experience and have understanding of ‘lag’, ‘jitter’ and other immersion breaking phenomenons;
- You like tuning, tweaking and optimization
- A challenging internship where you can experience and work on the newest VR and AR technologies;
- A casual work environment with ambitious colleagues;
- An internship compensation of €450,-;
- A green workspace in an old F16 shelter on airbase Twente
Are you interested in an internship or thesis on this subject and fit the profile? Please send an email to email@example.com.
For further information please check our website www.re-lion.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.